aww yeah, three day weekend, going camping tomorrow night, yes, excellent
Well, I paid $125,000 to realize I don’t want to be a therapist.
M.S. Clinical Psychology.
How do I make eggplants not a bullshit waste of space food?
Recipe for Eggplant patties (from Andrea’s mom, as transcribed by Andrea)
Ingredients (for ~ 12 patties, 12 pretty small patties, it is not like these are burger-sized, they’re more like… nuggets?)
- 2 globular eggplants
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
-1 cup bread crumbs
-1 clove of garlic
-1 tablespoon of parsley
-1 tablespoon of coarse salt
-olive oil (as needed)
1. Peel the eggplants and cut them in pieces.
2. Boil a pot of water and dissolve the coarse salt it in.
3. Put the pieces of eggplant in the boiling water and leave them there for 5-8 minutes (they must get soft but not too soggy).
4. Strain the pieces of eggplant and let them cool off until you can handle them without scalding your hands.
5. Squeeze the water out of the pieces of eggplant as much as you can.
6. Put the pieces of eggplant in a blender with the clove of garlic, the parsley, the grated Parmesan and the egg (Note: If your pieces of eggplant still have some water in them, you may want to use only half of the egg, instead of the whole thing, to keep the mix denser).
7. With the mix you obtained you can now form some flat patties (~ 2-3 inches in diameter) and coat them in bread crumbs.
8. Warm up the olive oil in a frying pan at medium heat and place the patties in it.
9. Let the patties fry until they get golden brown and then flip them (it normally takes 5-8 minutes for each side, depending how thick you made them).
10. When they are ready, dry them in paper towels and sprinkle them with a little salt.
the people in the apartment three floors above us are renovating - they’re replacing their carpet with laminate
andrea laughed at me when i said i hoped it wouldn’t be too loud, and insisted we wouldn’t be able to hear a thing
it is fucking loud as fuck in here
yesterday was excellent, took bubble bath with almond-scented dr. bronner’s (how did i not know this was a thing, HOW DID I NOT KNOW), went shopping (new designated neutral is grey! also i bought my first legitimately new purse since high school, i am so grown up. ALSO, old navy had some weird slacks-sweatpants hybrid [i now christen them “slackpants”!] on super-clearance for $4 - my only regret is that they only had one pair left in my size. oh, and i got a bodycon dress at target that is super sexy; i needed something fancy to wear for when my parents visit - we are taking them on a boat!), and got dinner with friends at some weird bagel shop where they played smashing pumpkins songs exclusively for the several hours we were there.